The HR Blog Power Rankings - Week of 9/24/07 [sponsored by the HR Capitalist]
September 27, 2007
Brands rule. Think about your life - you are a brand flunky...
Look at you with your iPod, HBO, "Trucker Hat", SUV and most impressively, that "Members Only" jacket. Nice...
The HR Blogs you spend time with are no different - they're brands, just like the products you pay a 50%premium for. Rather than pay extra for blog brands, you subscribe via RSS with a tool like Google Reader, or have Feedburner deliver it to your digital doorstep to show your loyalty.
Which got me to thinking... What world famous brands are some of the top HR blogs most like in my eyes? Here's my list of blog brand equivalents in the real world:
- KnowHR Blog - KnowHR is the blog equivalent of Apple. Stylish and always ahead of the curve from a communication/brand image perspective... Thinking Different...
- Compensation Force - I've been drinking the Ann Bares Kool-Aid for some time (more sugar in the next pitcher, Ann), and I think the best brand comparison is IBM Global Services. Solid. Savvy. Won't get you fired by selecting them as a vendor. Might get you promoted. Cool commercials...
- 8 hours
& a lunch - Let's see, I can get literature, music and quotes at 8 hours. Sounds like Amazon. Or Oprah...
- Evil HR Lady - Evil is eBay. Lots of people passing through and checking in. Added bonus of not having to give your name, so you can satisfy your needs to bid on that used Charlie's Angels lunchbox without people judging you.
OK - that's all I got.... I'll take another run at it on the next poll....
The HR Capitalist is proud to announce the HR Blog Power Rankings for the week of 9/24/07! Rankings below reflect blog entries from August 26th to September 24th across 112 HR-related blogs. How do we rank them? Check out the complete Poll Methodology here...
See what rants and riffs spurred my recommendation here...
In our opinion, the top 25 and those also receiving votes represent the best of the HR/Human Capital Blogs. Thanks to all listed here for your commitment to HR/Human Capital community!
1. Fortify Your Oasis (Power Rating- 8, Last Poll - #8)
2. Incentive Intelligenc
3. KnowHR Blog (Power Rating- 7, Last Poll - #1)
4. Compensation Force (Power Rating- 6, Last Poll - #1)
5. Pennsylvania Employme
6. Execupundit (Power Rating- 6, Last Poll - #12)
7. 8 hours
8. The Business of Management - John Hollon (Power Rating- 5, Last Poll - #6)
9. All Things Workplace (Power Rating- 5, Last Poll - #16)
10. Three Star Leadership - Wally Bock (Power Rating- 5, Last Poll - #17)
11. Knowledge Infuser (Power Rating- 5, Last Poll - #7)
12. Jon Ingham
13. Evil HR Lady (Power Rating- 5, Last Poll - #13)
14. The Career Revolution (Power Rating- 4, Last Poll - #14)
15. HR Thoughts (Power Rating- 4, Last Poll - #15)
16. Employee Evolution (Power Rating- 4, Last Poll - #22)
17. Trizle (Power Rating- 4, Last Poll - #5)
18. Talent In China (Power Rating - 4, Last Poll - NR)
19. McArthur's Rant (Power Rating- 3, Last Poll - #24)
20. systematicHR (Power Rating- 3, Last Poll - #18)
21. Ask a Manager (Power Rating- 2, Last Poll - #19)
22. Jim Stroud 2.0 (Power Rating- 2, Last Poll - #11)
21. Taleo Blog (Power Rating- 2, Last Poll - #21)
22. Suits In The Workplace (Power Rating - 2, Last Poll - NR)
23. Stanley Bing (Power Rating - 2, Last Poll - NR)
24. JibberJobber (Power Rating - 2, Last Poll - NR)
25. The Human Capitalist (Power Rating- 1, Last Poll - #20)
Also Receiving Votes: The Union-Free Employer, Marketing Headhunter, Guerilla HR, The Work Clinic, The Future of Work We
On Probation/Not Eligible For Poll - The HR Capitalist (Please Read Anyway!!!)
Kris, this is so cool. My HR reading world has expanded greatly by reading an RSS feed of your shared items. It's really great stuff. There are some really smart and interesting people out there. Thanks for tracking that and bringing to to our collective attention. That's super cool.
Hey, thanks for the Apple comparison. You don't know how pleased that makes me. I'm an Apple Fanboy, so I'm walking on air about that comparison.
Posted by: Frank Roche | September 27, 2007 at 06:04 AM
The branding theme is very cool. Thanks for bringing attention to and recognizing the HR blogging community with the poll - a great way to get exposed to a broad range of HR thinking!
Posted by: Ann Bares | September 27, 2007 at 09:22 AM
Thanks Kris for your work on this. I can only imagine the time it takes - but I'm glad you do it!
As Chris Anderson said in his book "The Long Tail", the future is about aggregation and filtering - you are the future!
Posted by: Paul Hebert | September 27, 2007 at 09:57 AM
Nice work Kris. Thanks for doing this and gathering great resources in one place.
Posted by: Lisa | September 27, 2007 at 10:51 AM
oprah or amazon?
that just made my day, kris.
thanks! and thanks for the continued ranks, leading us to other helpful, informative, and entertaining blogs.
all the best!
Posted by: deb | September 27, 2007 at 04:43 PM
in some certain thing that was a nice info..
i like it..
just keep on track..
Busby SEO Challenge
Posted by: Busby SEO Challenge | August 28, 2008 at 10:45 AM
Posted by: kabonfootprint | September 09, 2008 at 04:25 AM
I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
Posted by: Sarah | April 06, 2009 at 04:56 AM
When you're in not good state and have no money to move out from that, you will require to take the credit loans. Just because that will aid you definitely. I take small business loan every time I need and feel great because of that.
Posted by: Ebony20Villarreal | September 04, 2011 at 11:40 PM
Our roommate was going to take vows and we came to decision to organize a girls night out for her. We had a huge amount of concepts of how to do that evening the most arresting for Linda. The best proposal was to borrow a car from chicago limousine firm and spend the night in the town clubbing. That worth it!
Posted by: chicago limousine | November 28, 2011 at 05:13 PM