You and I love employee referrals. We wish we could get more of them. But, for the rare company that can generate 25% or more of it's annual hire goal from this source, employee referrals can actually weaken the company DNA.
1. Your company is whiter (or whatever color is your majority. Full disclosure - I'm white. I'm Irish. That means I'm really white. Don't hate.)
2. Your company has a declining average IQ
3. You company is more Blue as a result (or Red)
4. Your company can hold the alumni meeting onsite without anyone getting in their car.
5. Your company is getting less attractive with each new hire class (which wouldn't be a bad thing if the candidates didn't know someone in the company)