Brands rule. Think about your life - you are a brand flunky...
Look at you with your iPod, HBO, "Trucker Hat", SUV and most impressively, that "Members Only" jacket. Nice...
The HR Blogs you spend time with are no different - they're brands, just like the products you pay a 50%premium for. Rather than pay extra for blog brands, you subscribe via RSS with a tool like Google Reader, or have Feedburner deliver it to your digital doorstep to show your loyalty.
Which got me to thinking... What world famous brands are some of the top HR blogs most like in my eyes? Here's my list of blog brand equivalents in the real world:
- KnowHR Blog - KnowHR is the blog equivalent of Apple. Stylish and always ahead of the curve from a communication/brand image perspective... Thinking Different...
- Compensation Force - I've been drinking the Ann Bares Kool-Aid for some time (more sugar in the next pitcher, Ann), and I think the best brand comparison is IBM Global Services. Solid. Savvy. Won't get you fired by selecting them as a vendor. Might get you promoted. Cool commercials...
- 8 hours
& a lunch - Let's see, I can get literature, music and quotes at 8 hours. Sounds like Amazon. Or Oprah...
- Evil HR Lady - Evil is eBay. Lots of people passing through and checking in. Added bonus of not having to give your name, so you can satisfy your needs to bid on that used Charlie's Angels lunchbox without people judging you.
OK - that's all I got.... I'll take another run at it on the next poll....
The HR Capitalist is proud to announce the HR Blog Power Rankings for the week of 9/24/07! Rankings below reflect blog entries from August 26th to September 24th across 112 HR-related blogs. How do we rank them? Check out the complete Poll Methodology here...
See what rants and riffs spurred my recommendation here...
In our opinion, the top 25 and those also receiving votes represent the best of the HR/Human Capital Blogs. Thanks to all listed here for your commitment to HR/Human Capital community!
1. Fortify Your Oasis (Power Rating- 8, Last Poll - #8)
2. Incentive Intelligenc
3. KnowHR Blog (Power Rating- 7, Last Poll - #1)
4. Compensation Force (Power Rating- 6, Last Poll - #1)
5. Pennsylvania Employme
6. Execupundit (Power Rating- 6, Last Poll - #12)
7. 8 hours
8. The Business of Management - John Hollon (Power Rating- 5, Last Poll - #6)
9. All Things Workplace (Power Rating- 5, Last Poll - #16)
10. Three Star Leadership - Wally Bock (Power Rating- 5, Last Poll - #17)
11. Knowledge Infuser (Power Rating- 5, Last Poll - #7)
12. Jon Ingham
13. Evil HR Lady (Power Rating- 5, Last Poll - #13)
14. The Career Revolution (Power Rating- 4, Last Poll - #14)
15. HR Thoughts (Power Rating- 4, Last Poll - #15)
16. Employee Evolution (Power Rating- 4, Last Poll - #22)
17. Trizle (Power Rating- 4, Last Poll - #5)
18. Talent In China (Power Rating - 4, Last Poll - NR)
19. McArthur's Rant (Power Rating- 3, Last Poll - #24)
20. systematicHR (Power Rating- 3, Last Poll - #18)
21. Ask a Manager (Power Rating- 2, Last Poll - #19)
22. Jim Stroud 2.0 (Power Rating- 2, Last Poll - #11)
21. Taleo Blog (Power Rating- 2, Last Poll - #21)
22. Suits In The Workplace (Power Rating - 2, Last Poll - NR)
23. Stanley Bing (Power Rating - 2, Last Poll - NR)
24. JibberJobber (Power Rating - 2, Last Poll - NR)
25. The Human Capitalist (Power Rating- 1, Last Poll - #20)
Also Receiving Votes: The Union-Free Employer, Marketing Headhunter, Guerilla HR, The Work Clinic, The Future of Work We
On Probation/Not Eligible For Poll - The HR Capitalist (Please Read Anyway!!!)