Tim Sackett Day was created on a lark to honor a guy named Tim Sackett - who worked his A## off in the HR community, but could never seem to break through via the all important "Top 100 HR Pros on Twitter" things... So we created his own day in the social HR community to tell the story, kind of toungue in cheek...
Since then, Tim Sackett Day has gotten more serious - we use the day to give some love to an HR pro we know and love, but we think doesn't get enough attention from everyone else.
This year's honoree is Victorio Milian, a great HR pro in the NYC area. Things I like about VM include:
1. He's done HR in a really tough industry - Retail.
2. He's done HR in a really tough metro area - New York.
3. He's given a lot of his time back to the HR community with his writing, speaking, etc.
4. His name is cooler than yours. Or mine. Admit it - it's true, Sally.
5. He's one of the nicest people you'll meet in the HR industry...
Here's more stuff to get the 411 on who Victorio Milian is:
Go follow him and tell him you found out about him on Tim Sackett Day!